Note: Reeds are made to order and can take 2+ weeks to arrive, so always order before you actually need them! Many places have a reed subscription or auto-ship service (I order 2-3 reeds per month for myself to avoid reed emergencies). Though I am able to make reeds, making them for all of my students is too time-consuming! I suggest ordering from the places below - I am always ordering from new reed-makers and updating this list so you don't have to do the guesswork.
Check the top of your child's assignment sheet for the updated list!
- Forrests Music
- For 6th/7th grade beginners: "Forrests Gold Label" or "Albion Blue Label" (medium soft or medium)
- For auditioning middle schoolers and high schoolers: the "Forrests Black Label" (I use medium soft)
- For oboists doubling on bassoon, I recommend a smaller/narrower "Philadelphia style" reed.
- Cullen Blain Reeds
- Tom Hardy Reeds - from London, and excellent audition reeds!
- LC Double Reeds
- Tiger Reeds
- Bocal Majority "Medium" Reeds - these also come in fun themes...Star Wars, Zelda, holidays, etc.
- Raffe Reeds by Eryn Oft
- Double or Nothing Reeds
- Bel Canto Reeds